Super yummy chocolate coconut balls are an easy sweet treat requiring no fancy kitchen equipment beyond a bowl, a spoon, and your hands. These will store for weeks in your fridge, though they never last that long. Raw cacao is a highly nutritious superfood high in magnesium, antioxidants, and theobromine, an alkaloid that increases positive feelings and energy.
- 2.5 c coconut, shredded
- 1.5 c. raw cacao powder
- 2/3 c. raw agave nectar
- 1/3 c. raw coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- If the coconut oil is solid, put jar into bowl of warm water until oil is liquid.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Put the bowl in fridge to chill for 1/2 hour or more.
- Take a tablespoonful of the chocolate coconut mixture and form into a ball with your hands.
- Chill the formed balls until ready to serve.
- Also can be pressed into a pan greased with coconut oil and cut into squares to eat when chilled, for an even faster treat.